Keeping Your Heart Healthy
GAINESVILLE - February is Heart Awareness month, and with good reason.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death among men and women in the United States.
Women, should especially be aware of the dangers of heart disease.
Maintaining a healthy weight, a good diet, and refraining from smoking are some of the ways to keep your heart healthy.
One of the events this month is the Heart Ball, with proceeds benefiting the American Heart Association. The event will be this upcoming Saturday, February 16, 2013 from 6:30pm – 11:00pm. To find out more information on how you can attend, visit here.
The Alachua County American Heart Association will also be holding their Heart Walk coming up in September.
- Heart Disease Survivor Will Share Story at Heart Walk
- Highest Honors For An American Hero
- Heart Walk In Ocala Brings Community Together
- Pledge Red for American Heart Month
- Heart and Soul Restaurant Keeps Youth Off Streets
- Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- Your Health: Colon Cancer Awareness Month, Screening Rates Still Low
- Your Health: Prostate Cancer Hits African American Hardest
- 11/5/12 Fitzness Minute: Healthy Smoothies
- 1/14/13 Fitzness Minute: Healthy Vacation