Keeping Your Heart Healthy
GAINESVILLE - February is Heart Awareness month, and with good reason.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death among men and women in the United States.
Women, should especially be aware of the dangers of heart disease.
Maintaining a healthy weight, a good diet, and refraining from smoking are some of the ways to keep your heart healthy.
One of the events this month is the Heart Ball, with proceeds benefiting the American Heart Association. The event will be this upcoming Saturday, February 16, 2013 from 6:30pm – 11:00pm. To find out more information on how you can attend, visit here.
The Alachua County American Heart Association will also be holding their Heart Walk coming up in September.
- Highest Honors For An American Hero
- Pledge Red for American Heart Month
- Listen to Your Heart 5k
- Keeping Your Kids Safe On The Road
- Heart to Heart Silent Auction
- Healthy Families Graduation
- Celebrity Chef Teaches Children Healthy Eating Habits
- YMCA's Healthy Kids Day
- Staying Cool & Healthy in the Heat
- A Family That Exercises Together, Stays Healthy Together