A Makeover for Idylwild Elementary School
GAINESVILLE - Students at Idylwild Elementary School are in for a big surprise when they show up for class on Monday.
The Gainesville Elementary School is the site of this year's "Project Makeover", an annual renovation project for one lucky Alachua County School.
In just one weekend, more than 1300 University of Florida volunteers cleaned, painted, and renovated the school.
This year's makeover included interactive murals, fresh landscaping and even some new playground equipment. It's a makeover assistant vice principal David Hamblen is thankful for - "when you feel better about where you're at you're going to put forth more effort so when they see everything and they see how much the school's beautified they're going to take pride in that and that's only going to translate back into the classroom."
After selecting a school, project makeover volunteers fundraise and design projects for months in advance.
They also collect school supplies and new books to donate to the students.
- Surprise Extreme Home Makeover for Elementary School
- UF Students Make-over Duval Elementary
- School Year Resumes With Changes For Starke Elementary School
- Elementary School Students Learn About Bike Safety
- Paddling Scheduled to Return to Marion County Elementary Schools
- Starke Elementary School Relocated
- Shands AGH Makes Yuletide Delivery to Local Elementary School
- Scare at Elementary School
- Memorial For A Beloved Elementary School Teacher
- Two Children Briefly Abducted From Levy County Elementary School