Man Punches Student, Then Runs
GAINESVILLE - The Gainesville Police Department says a University of Florida graduate student went to answer a knock on her door early this morning only to be physically assaulted when she opened it.
The grad student had just returned to her apartment at the Continuum Graduate Living complex around 2:45 a.m. when she heard someone knocking on her door.
When she answered it, a man entered her apartment and punched her on the side of the head.
He then ran away.
The victim told police the man didn't say or do anything indicating he wanted to rob or sexually assault her.
The man has not been found and police are encouraging people to keep their doors locked and only answer for people you know.
- Missing UF Student, Foul Play Suspected
- Florida man faces prison for punching federal officer
- Former Bradford County Coach Serving Time in One- Punch Death
- Woman Punches Child in Face
- Former UF Student Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison for Deadly Hit-and-Run
- Thanksgiving Holiday Ends in Fatal Hit and Run Accident for FSU Student
- UF student arrested after hit-and-run involving officer
- 17-year-old Belleview HS student killed in hit & run
- Man Tries Running Over Officer
- Gainesville Woman Arrested For Trying to Run Down a Man With Her Car