Mom Steals From Child's School
OCALA - An Ocala woman is facing grand theft charges after stealing from her own child's school.
48-year-old Lisa Ann Barfield was arrested yesterday after an auditor with the Marion County School Board reported the theft of almost $900.00.
Barfield was the site manager for the Dunnellon Elementary school after-hours program.
The woman admitted to writing the word "cash" on checks and money orders turned in by parents and enrolled students, and using that money to pay bills, as well as her own child's enrollment in the program.
- What's private and what's public in your child's school?
- Amber Alert Ends in Jacksonville as Child's Body is Found
- Roland Indicted For Child's Death
- Parents Reminded to Check Child's Safety Seat
- Is Your Child's Car Booster Seat Safe?
- Child's Wish Fulfilled In Motorcycle Parade
- Child's Body Found in Trunk
- Student's Cell Phone Video Catches Gym Teacher Stealing From Lockers
- Stealing From The State
- Stealing from the Rich