More than 20 Vehicle Windows Damaged by Someone with a BB Gun
A two- night spree left more than 20 cars damaged by someone with a BB gun.
Officers said about 25 vehicle windows have been shot at with a BB gun in the past two days and officials say it's happening in one part of town.
"This is the glass from the front driver window," said Eric Johnson.
Johnson of Ocala said he and his girlfriend always park their car in their driveway, but not on Wednesday night.
"That was actually the first time we parked on the road because we got home late," said Johnson.
Sometime in the middle of the night, someone shot at their 2011 GMC Yukon with a BB gun.
"We woke up, came outside to go to work and the window was just all like spider webbed," said Johnson.
Johnson is just one out of about 24 other car owners who woke up to find their car window shattered.
"I thought it was just some kid. Some kid driving around shooting stuff, but didn't know it was a serial shooter," said Johnson.
Sergeant Angy Scroble with the Ocala Police Department said they don't know if all the incidents are related, but one thing is for sure, it's only happening in the east side of town.
"First of all it is a crime. It is dangerous. It's not funny. It cause significant trouble and damage to people and they do have the ability to possible harm someone," said Sgt. Scroble.
Sgt. Scroble said luckily no one has been inside or around the vehicle during the shootings.
"Because some of these are parked at residences, should they miss or strike a window on a house there could be injury to someone inside," said Sgt. Scroble.
While officers continue to search for Ocalas' window shooter, victims like Johnson are stuck paying the price.
"It's just not right. That window is going to cost a couple of hundred dollars to fix," said Johnson.
He said he learned his lesson. He won't be parking on the side of the road anymore.
The person or people responsible can be charged with serious felonies for firing a BB gun .
As well as criminal mischief charges.
If you hear or see anything suspicious in your neighborhood, call the Ocala Police Department.
- Florida's New Child Abuse Law Could Cause More Harm Than Good
- Pregnant Woman Stabbed More Than 30 Times
- Man Shot by Gainesville Police Officer During High Speed Car Chase
- Lamb Goes For More Than $82,000 At Ocala Youth Fair
- East Side Residents Rally At City Hall
- East Side Student Assistance hopes to send four kids to college
- Shooter Claims Self-Defense
- Police: Man Robs McDonald's Through Drive-Thru Window
- Health Expert Describes Sedative's Side Effects; Police Investigate Boy's Death
- Curb- Side Recycling Coming to Ocala