Old Police Department Demolished
There's nothing left but rubble and steel. That's all you'll see of the old Gainesville Police Department on Northwest Sixth Street. Officers hope to have the site cleaned up by April 1st. At least 75% of the steel and concrete will be recycled. "Gilbane Building Company" also starts building the new headquarters at the beginning of April.
A camera that take pictures every 90 seconds has been placed near the site, and people can log onto the Gainesville Police Department website to check the progress of the construction. The project is scheduled to be completed by the Spring of 2014.
- Old Amway Arena Gets Demolished
- Gainesville Man Charged With Sexual Battery of 14 Year Old Girl
- 35-Year-Old Ocala Woman Accused of Having Sex with Minor
- Police Find New Evidence On Aguilar's Case
- Gainesville Police Bring Helicopter, Canines to Show and Tell
- Gainesville Police Trying To Keep Kids Out Of Trouble
- Puppy Buried Alive, Accidentally Found By Williston Police
- Man Shot by Gainesville Police Officer During High Speed Car Chase
- Gainesville Police Department's New Special Operations Unit
- University Police Officer Laid to Rest