Old Police Department Demolished
There's nothing left but rubble and steel. That's all you'll see of the old Gainesville Police Department on Northwest Sixth Street. Officers hope to have the site cleaned up by April 1st. At least 75% of the steel and concrete will be recycled. "Gilbane Building Company" also starts building the new headquarters at the beginning of April.
A camera that take pictures every 90 seconds has been placed near the site, and people can log onto the Gainesville Police Department website to check the progress of the construction. The project is scheduled to be completed by the Spring of 2014.
- Old Amway Arena Gets Demolished
- Lake City Police Officer Shoots, Kills Armed Driver at DUI Checkpoint
- Woman Charged With Child Abuse, After Suffocating 2-Month-Old Baby
- 35-Year-Old Ocala Woman Accused of Having Sex with Minor
- Gainesville Man Charged With Sexual Battery of 14 Year Old Girl
- Memorial Site Demolished, Land Owner Has Plans
- Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns
- Police Find New Evidence On Aguilar's Case
- Lake City Police Still Investigating Accidental Shooting Death of 11-Year Old Boy
- 18-Year-Old Suspect is Tased, Arrested After Attacking Police