Remembering Brandon Garner
MARION COUNTY - A parent's worst nightmare - your child goes to school but never returns home.
The family of 16 year old Brandon Garner is dealing with that tragedy.
Brandon left West Port High School yesterday and troopers say he hit was weaving in and out of traffic on County Road 484 when he hit a car, overcorrected and hit a tree and died.
Now, his principal says students are trying to cope with his absence - " we started out the day by recognizing life and we had a moment of silence because he was apart of the wolfpack and he was part of our school and he will be missed by many."
The principal says she is in contact with Brandon's family and they are devastated.
Troopers say witnesses saw Brandon traveling very fast on the very wet roads.
- Florida Highway Patrol Up For Reaccreditation
- The Florida Highway Patrol Increases Patrols For "Staying Alive On I-75" Initiative
- Earning Associates Degrees in High School
- Troopers Ticketing Aggressive Driving
- Delete Teen Crashes Day
- Manhunt Over For Car Thief
- Passenger of Small Plane in Palatka Crash Dies
- West Port Senior Killed in Crash
- Gainesville Woman Dies in Scooter Crash
- Woman Who Crashed into Bicyclist was Under Influence