Remembering Brandon Garner
MARION COUNTY - A parent's worst nightmare - your child goes to school but never returns home.
The family of 16 year old Brandon Garner is dealing with that tragedy.
Brandon left West Port High School yesterday and troopers say he hit was weaving in and out of traffic on County Road 484 when he hit a car, overcorrected and hit a tree and died.
Now, his principal says students are trying to cope with his absence - " we started out the day by recognizing life and we had a moment of silence because he was apart of the wolfpack and he was part of our school and he will be missed by many."
The principal says she is in contact with Brandon's family and they are devastated.
Troopers say witnesses saw Brandon traveling very fast on the very wet roads.
- FL Highway Patrol Cracks Down on Speeding and Aggressive Drivers
- Gun At West Port
- Fort White High School Student Remembered
- A Walk to Remember for Newberry High School Grad
- North Central Florida High Schoolers Remembered
- National Boat Safety Week Prompts Increased Patrol on Florida Waterways
- Florida's High Schools Improving
- New Grading System for Florida High Schools
- North Central Florida Schools Rank High On FCAT
- West Nile Headed to Florida