Remembering Brandon Garner
MARION COUNTY - A parent's worst nightmare - your child goes to school but never returns home.
The family of 16 year old Brandon Garner is dealing with that tragedy.
Brandon left West Port High School yesterday and troopers say he hit was weaving in and out of traffic on County Road 484 when he hit a car, overcorrected and hit a tree and died.
Now, his principal says students are trying to cope with his absence - " we started out the day by recognizing life and we had a moment of silence because he was apart of the wolfpack and he was part of our school and he will be missed by many."
The principal says she is in contact with Brandon's family and they are devastated.
Troopers say witnesses saw Brandon traveling very fast on the very wet roads.
- Prom night mock DUI stresses important decision making for Marion County seniors
- Earning Associates Degrees in High School
- Sports Overtime: High School Football Roundup
- Sports Overtime: High School Football Roundup- Week Three
- West Port high parents are upset after threats were made to the school
- West Port High School Celebrates "Neuro-Diversity"
- FHP Trooper Remembered By Family At Funeral
- Principal of the Year from North Florida
- Flooding Closes Roads But Schools Will Be in Session Monday
- The Florida Highway Patrol Increases Patrols For "Staying Alive On I-75" Initiative