Shands Hospital is Building New Hotel For Families and Patients
GAINESVILLE -Demolition of the old Rush Lake Motel will pave the way for a new hotel designed for Shands' patients and their families.
The hospital is funding the hotel which will have over one hundred rooms.
It is on the corner of Southwest 13th Street and Southwest 16th Avenue.
It's just a few minutes walk to the hospital and this proximiity is what Shands' Vice President of Facilities Bradley Pollitt says will allow families stuck sleeping in the waiting room, an alternative - "it helps people who feel compelled to spend the night in the hospital now because they want to be close to their loved ones, now they are close, they get a good night's sleep it is better for their health and they are more refreshed when they come and see the patients in the morning."
Pending city approval, the construction of the new building should begin this fall and the new hotel should be ready at the end of 2014 or the beginning of 2015.
- Construction Nearing Completion at New Shands Cancer Hospital
- New Shands Cancer Hospital
- Motel 6 Shooting Lands One Man in Hospital, Another in Jail
- Identity Theft Ring Compromises UF&Shands Patient Records
- Shands Patients Move
- Patient Dies from Bacteria found in Shands Cancer Center
- Pediatric Patients at Shands get a Taste of Magic
- Shands Patients Information Compromised
- Shands Support Group Throws Prom for Heart Transplant Patient
- 5,000 Shands Patients Compromised in Identity Theft Incident