Smoky Conditions in Gainesville
GAINESVILLE - If you were out in Gainesville today you probably smelled some smoke.
Gainesville and surrounding areas experienced these smoky conditions due to a controlled fire conducted by the Florida Forest Service in Island Grove.
Wildfire mitigation specialist, Ludie Bond says the controlled fire finished at 1 p.m. this afternoon and consisted of 80 acres of pasture.
Drivers travelling along U.S. 301 South in Hawthorne toward Citra are advised to drive with caution, since that area is still experiencing smoky conditions from the remnants of the burn.
- Smoky Conditions In Levy County
- Morning Accident Leaves Man in Critical Condition
- Man in Critical Condition After Losing Control of Car
- One Man Dead, Another in Serious Condition After Marion County Car Crash
- Accused Orlando Shooter Denied Bond, Five Wounded Are in Stable Condition
- Shooting Leads to Captain's Death and Man in Serious Condition at Shands
- Ocala Police Officer In Critical Condition After Crash
- Student's Condition Improving After Being Hit By Bus
- Fight With a Beer Bottle Puts One Man Behind Bars and Another in Critical Condition
- UF Employee In "Serious" Condition