Smoky Conditions in Gainesville
GAINESVILLE - If you were out in Gainesville today you probably smelled some smoke.
Gainesville and surrounding areas experienced these smoky conditions due to a controlled fire conducted by the Florida Forest Service in Island Grove.
Wildfire mitigation specialist, Ludie Bond says the controlled fire finished at 1 p.m. this afternoon and consisted of 80 acres of pasture.
Drivers travelling along U.S. 301 South in Hawthorne toward Citra are advised to drive with caution, since that area is still experiencing smoky conditions from the remnants of the burn.
- Smoky Conditions In Levy County
- Ocala Man Shot Twice by Sheriff's Deputy in Stable Condition
- Dangerous Conditions on the Santa Fe River
- Plumbers Keeping Busy During Freezing Conditions
- Children Found Living in "Deplorable" Conditions
- Summer Harvests, Despite Weather Conditions
- Mobile Slavery Museum Hopes To Change Labor Conditions For Farmworkers
- One Man Still In Critical Condition After Shooting In Lake Butler
- Caring Conditioning
- TV20's Hard Knocks: Summer Conditioning With Buchholz Football