Stolen Tires Found at Church
GAINESVILLE - A Gainesville police sergeant stumbled upon a burgulary early this morning at a place where people worship.
The sergeant stopped a vehicle driving around the rear of Trinity United Mehtodist Church with two men, Jason Vargas and Joseph Johnson, and a minor inside.
After they gave him a suscipous story, the seregant checked the property and found 20 tires in the rear of the church with some of the rims cut out.
The tires were stolen from Hollander's Hydraulics on 441.
The trio told police they chose the church because it was secluded and had exterior electrical outlets on the church's storage building.
- Dozens of Tires Stolen from Walmart
- Money Stolen From Church
- Two Stolen School Buses from Alachua County Found Near Jacksonville
- Dead Body Found Near Ocala Church
- National Tire Safety Week Puts Pressure on Drivers to Be, "Tire Smart"
- Residents Say They're Getting Flat Tires From Construction Site
- Tire Technician told to hit the road
- Tire Thief Arrested- Again
- Man Arrested for Riding on Three Tires and Fleeing Accident
- Residents Tired of Rush Hour Traffic Speeding Through Their Neighborhood