Two Bodies Found Inside Apartment from Apparent Murder-Suicide
Published February 8th, 2013
GAINESVILLE - The bodies of a male and female couple were found inside an Alachua County apartment on Thursday in what appears to be a murder-suicide. While deputies are not confirming the the cause of death as of Thursday night, TV20 spoke to neighbors who say the couple was known to consistently get into fights with one another.
The situation unfolded around 1:30 Thursday afternoon at the Tower Oaks Glenn apartment complex in an unincorporated part of Alachua County. Property managers say they were growing concerned about a former maintenance man who used to work for the complex, and also lived there with his girlfriend.
According to former co-workers, the man quit his job last Friday, saying he was upset after losing his father a few months ago and was planning to move back to Tennessee. They say the man was also acting very depressed recently, but nobody seemed to think he would act on it.
Because he was normally seen everyday, former co-workers at the complex say they grew worried about the man after they hadn't seen or heard from him since Tuesday. According to property managers, a maintenance man passing by the back of the apartment on Thursday afternoon grew suspicious when he saw what he thought was a body near the back sliding glass door.
Fearing the worst, another maintenance man then grabbed a master key and walked into the apartment, only to find the two bodies already dead from apparent gunshot wounds. The maintenance man who first walked into the apartment told TV20 it was obvious from the positioning of the bodies that it was a murder-suicide, as the man had a shotgun resting between his legs.
Investigators are not releasing the names of the couple until family members are notified. However, after learning the man's name from neighbors, TV20 found out deputies were called out to that apartment just this past October on a domestic disturbance call, where they found the man's girlfriend with a black eye. He was arrested at the time, but the charges were dismissed in December after prosecutors say they couldn't find the victim.
- Apparent Murder-Suicide Kills 2
- Waldo Man Threatens to Commit Murder-Suicide
- Detectives Investigate Murder-Suicide
- Attempted Murder-Suicide in Live Oak
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Ocala Man Murdered, Body Found Inside Home
- Two Stolen School Buses from Alachua County Found Near Jacksonville
- Homicides Committed Hours Apart from Each Other in Marion Co.