UF Holds Student Recruitment Conference
It's never too early to start preparing your kids for college. On Saturday, February 16th, the University of Florida held its Annual Student Recruitment Conference. Families were invited to bring their kids who are in eighth through eleventh grade. Students learned how to prepare themselves for college. They also learned how to choose a major and career in their respective fields. UF representatives say the conference was made to serve the entire community.
"We are also reaching back to make sure that we help the community and make sure that the community understands what they need to do or what they can do now to prepare for their students for enrollment into institutions of higher education," Dacia Bowra (UF Representative) said.
Registration started at 9 a.m. The event took place from 10a.m.-3:00p.m. in the Reitz Union.
- Local Cops Hold College Campus Safety Conference
- Law & Justice Conference For Students Focuses On Civil Rights
- Students hold winter Olympics
- Alachua County Schools Hold Annual Meet and Greet for Parents and Students
- Recruiting Homeless Scammers
- Recruitment Process for Gainesville's Police Chief Revealed
- Horse Show Draws College Recruiters
- Man Arrested for YouTube Gang Recruitment
- "YouRecruit" - Enoch's Court Appearance
- U.S. Census Bureau Recruiting 2010 Census Takers