Woman Cashes Dead Relative's Checks
GAINESVILLE - A Gainesville woman was arrested last night after attempting multiple fraudulent transactions from her dead relative.
25-year-old Charlotte foster was arrested for giving away forged documents.
Foster attempted to cash a check from her deceased mother for $60.00 at a check cashing business.
The woman successfully completed the same transaction at the business 4 days earlier.
The teller was aware of the deception because the bank notified the business of the fraud after the woman's previous visit.
Foster has admitted that she was trying to cash the checks in order to pay some bills.
- Man Arrested for Cashing Checks in Jail Inmates' Names
- Robber Steals Cash from a "Check 'N Go" Store
- Counterfeit check cashing ring circling Dignity Village
- Ocala Woman Accused of Stealing $53,000 In Checks
- Officials trying to find sheriff's relatives, working to honor him
- Parents Reminded to Check Child's Safety Seat
- Ohio Man's Ex-relatives Say He is a 'Monster'
- Woman Robbed at Deadly Accident Scene
- One Woman Dead After Tree Falls on Home
- Woman Found Dead Inside Southwest Ocala Home in what Police are Calling a Homicide