Yoho Comments on School Choice and Gun Control
GAINESVILLE--He has already stirred up some controversy for his stands in Washington, and the newest member of Congress came home to promote another issue - school choice.
Congressman Ted Yoho made a stop at "The Rock" private school in order to rally for school choice.
He spoke on behalf of a non-profit organization that's pushing for parents to consider alternatives to public schools.
The freshman congressman spoke to the student body about the importance of hard work and a civic education.
Yoho was clear about his views on the Second Amendment and the future of gun control.
"If you go back to the Sandy Hook tragedy you know if you have somebody like that in a household then there shouldn't be guns around where they're able to get to 'em, and so it goes to the gun owner's responsibility to make sure your guns are taken care of properly."- (Ted Yoho, Florida Congressman District 3)
Yoho mentioned he believes that the Second Amendment is a birthright and stated that gun violence rather than gun control may be the bigger issue.
- NCF Peanut Farmers Meet with Congressman Ted Yoho
- Yoho Sworn In, Votes Against Boehner
- Newly-Elected Congressman Ted Yoho 'Meets the Press'
- Speaker of the House candidate speaks at Yoho fundraiser
- Ted Yoho visits Newberry for first town hall meeting of the year
- Congressman Yoho on Healthcare Legislation
- Congressman Ted Yoho Wins Republican Primary Elections
- Rep. Ted Yoho Talks About Key Issues At A Town Hall Forum
- Local Immigration Group Talks Immigration Reform With Congressman Ted Yoho
- Immigration Summit With Congressman Ted Yoho (Long Version)