The Art of Tailgating at Gatornationals
GAINESVILLE - We're still a day away from the starting line of Gatornationals, but that hasn't stopped fans from claiming their coveted spots at the Gainesville Auto Raceway.
Each RV has a different reason for being at the raceway.
For Ed Schreifels, it's a love of the sport that's in his blood.
He has been a drag racer on and off his whole life - "if you've never seen it before you have to come and watch just to get the feel of it."
Most people tailgating told me they arrive early to see the competitors drive up.
The RV spots began selling 15 years ago at the raceway, and all the tailgaters agreed that if you ever give up your spot - you may not ever get it back.
Gatornationals begins tomorrow and runs until the 17th.
- Gatornationals Prep Well Underway at Auto Plus Raceway
- County Commissioners End Fairground Negotiations with Auto Plus Raceway
- Gainesville Raceway Renamed
- Gainesville Man Lands Behind Bars After Breaking into a Car at an Auto Repair Shop
- GatorNationals Brings $Millions to Gainesville
- Gatornationals comes to Gainesville
- Gatornationals Putting Gainesville's Economy Into Overdrive
- Racing fans head to Gainesville ahead of Gatornationals
- Gainesville Activites and Traffic Details- Art Fest, Bikers Parade
- Gainesville's Environmental Film and Arts Festival Focuses on Becoming More "Green"