City Plan Board Grants Church Permit to Buy Dove World Outreach's Land
GAINESVILLE - The Dove World Outreach Center is on its way out, and a new church could be taking over the location and the church's 20 acres.
The City of Gainesville Plan Board held their meeting tonight to discuss granting the Spirit of Faith church a special permit to move into the neighborhood.
Pastor Terry Jones plans to move the church to the Tampa area where he says he can take his message to more people.
Kyla: Are you moving because it is a bigger area or a bigger population?
Pastor Terry Jones: Bigger population...Gainesville is close-minded and they don't really understand what is happening in America as a whole.
The plan board did vote unanimously to grant the permit.
One neighbor who spoke at the meeting did say while the neighborhood welcomes the new church because it is more peaceful than the Dove Center, they want to make sure that the neighborhood's needs are being taken into account.
The board does have certain conditions the new church must abide by.
- Spirit Of Faith Officially Opens Its Doors
- Terry Jones Arrested as Spirit of Faith Opens on Former Dove Property
- Dove World Outreach Sale Finalized
- Radical Display in Front of Gainesville Church Causing Stir
- Dove World Outreach Center Applies for Burn Permit
- Lake City Pastor Speaks Out About His Church's Nativity Scene
- A Local Muslim Leader Has Faith that Pastor Jones Will Change His Mind...
- Alachua County officials discuss City of Hawthorne's plan to annex land
- Reactions to Terry Jones' Role in the Ongoing Libyan Crisis
- Pastor's Son Offers Little Insight into Tomorrow's Plan