Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Dash Cam Video Released from Mayor Craig Lowe's DUI Arrest
Published March 30th, 2013
GAINESVILLE - Video released by the Florida Highway Patrol is providing the first glimpse into the aftermath of the wreck involving Gainesville Mayor Craig Lowe last Thursday morning. Lowe was charged with drunk driving and crashing his car into a ditch.
On Friday, FHP released dash cam video from the patrol car of the trooper who investigated the wreck. The video was recorded at least an hour and 45 minutes after the wreck in northeast Alachua County.
When questioning Lowe, the trooper said that Lowe had alcohol on his breath and bloodshot eyes. Lowe was asked to do four field sobriety tests, which the trooper says he performed poorly.
Lowe admitted to drinking three beers that evening and said he fell asleep at the wheel, which caused the crash.
After he was released from jail, Lowe released a statement saying he would take responsibility for the incident and submit to the consequences. But this week, his attorney filed a written plea of "not guilty" for Lowe, who will next appear in court on April 24th. That's eight days after his runoff election against challenger Ed Braddy.
- Mayor Craig Lowe's Receipt From the Night Of His DUI
- New Video of Mayor Lowe's DUI Arrest Raises Questions of Preferential Treatment
- Receipt Released from Night of Mayor Lowe's Arrest, as Poll Shows Braddy With Slim Lead
- Mayor Craig Lowe is Released from Jail on Bond
- Gainesville Mayor Craig Lowe Accepts Plea Deal and His DUI Case Will Not Go To Trial
- What's the Next Step for Mayor Lowe Following His DUI Arrest?
- Mayor Craig Lowe Arrested
- Lowe's Employee Arrested for Grand Retail Theft
- City Commissioner Craig Lowe to Run for Mayor
- TV20 Interview with Mayoral Candidate Craig Lowe