DeLuca Donates $1 Million Towards YMCA Renovations
OCALA - The Marion County YMCA announced Tuesday evening that Frank DeLuca would donate $1 million toward a major renovation to the association's current building.
“Giving back, not only does it feel good, it’s also the right thing to do.” explains DeLuca. “I am honored and extremely proud to be blessed to be in a position to support the Y and our great community in this way. I cannot think of a more worthy organization than the YMCA to support at this level. The Marion County YMCA is not just a ‘gym.’ The Y builds character in our children, remains focused on addressing the changing needs of Marion County’s families and improves the overall wellness of our community.”
The project will add about 14,000 square feet to the existing 36,000 square-foot building located on SE 17th Street.
The additions will create more workout floor space, add a cafe and reorganize the facilities.
The total cost for the project is estimated at $4.5 million.
So far, more than $3 million has been raised.
As thanks to DeLuca's generous donation, the building will be renamed the Frank DeLuca YMCA Family Center.
- Ocala YMCA Renovation
- Toys for Tots struggling with toy donations
- Gardenia Gardens Receives Money Towards Renovations
- $5.5 Million Towards Housing Homeless Veterans
- One Million Dollars Towards Local Parks
- Multi-million dollar renovation project underway for Ocala Breeders' Sales Complex
- Ribbon Cut on $1 Million Dollar Renovation Project in East Gainesville
- Warringtons Donate $75 Million to UF Business School, Become University's Biggest Boosters
- Peaceful Paths Receives $1 Million Donation
- $1.2 Million in Law Enforcement Gear Donated