Gatornationals Final Preparations
ALACHUA COUNTY - It's the final preparation before the final preparation.
The 44th annual National Hot Rod Association Gatornationals starts Thursday and workers are finishing some last minute changes to make sure the racing runs smoothly.
Gatornationals workers say they're making sure tickets are ready and the lighting on the track is working properly.
They're also going to double check to make sure their workers have their proper credentials.
"When the races start we hope to have a great weekend and make our sponsors proud," David Steepleton, Morgan Lucas Racing said.
"I hope that a lot of younger and newer fans get to come our event for the first time because for those who have not truly experience an NHRA national event, it is one of kind," Nate Cross with Gainesville Raceway said.
Last year 150 thousand people attended the event.
Gatornationals officials expect to have Alachua County deputies out to keep fans safe over the 4 day event.
- Brittany Force Discusses Final Day of Qualifying at Gatornationals
- Final Preparations Underway for Medieval Fair
- Final Preparations For Gator Growl
- GatorNationals Kicks off Thursday
- GatorNationals Brings $Millions to Gainesville
- Final Day of Qualifying for Gatornationals
- Congress Prepares for a Long Night in Preparation for a Possible Government Shutdown
- Gatornationals comes to Gainesville
- Gatornationals Drives in an Economic Boost
- Last Minute Finishes At Gatornationals 2007.