Death toll adjusted down to 24 in Moore, OK by medical examiner; warns it will go up.
Gov. Scott Addresses Jennifer Carroll Resignation During Stop in Ocala
Published March 15th, 2013
OCALA - During a stop in Ocala on Friday, Governor Rick Scott addressed the controversy surrounding Lieutenant Governor Jennifer Carroll's resignation this week.
Carroll voluntarily stepped down from her post after an investigation revealed her ties to a group that ran Internet cafes across the state. While the organization claimed to be charitable, it was revealed that just two percent of their profits went to charity.
The Governor was asked about Carroll's resignation even though reporters were initially asked not to.
"As you know, Lieutenant Governor Carroll resigned, and she did the right thing for the state, and the right thing for her family," said Gov. Scott. "A little over a week ago the session got started, and so we're going to finish the session before we start the process," said the Governor when asked about the search for a new number two.
When asked whether or not Carroll admitted any wrongdoing to Governor Scott, he repeated his claim that she did the right thing for the state.
This year's legislative session is scheduled to conclude in early May.
- BREAKING: Lt. Gov. Carroll Resigns Amid Investigation
- Gov. Scott Angry Over Air Traffic Control Furloughs
- Gov. Rick Scott Listens to Bradford County Citizens
- Gov. Scott Appoints 5 New Members To State Board Over Universities
- Gov. Scott Appoints Three to UF Board of Trustees
- Gov. Rick Scott Makes Appearance at Annual GOP Fundraiser
- Gov. Scott Says Families Can't Afford Tuition Hike
- Gov. Scott Willing to Consider Election Changes
- Gov. Crist Announces Senate Replacement
- Gov. Crist Extends Unemployment Benefits