Marion County Brush Fire Closes Roads, Causes Evacuations
MARION COUNTY - A brush fire, spanning 300-hundred acres, has forced some Marion County residents to evacuate.
The Florida Highway Patrol has closed the area surrounding State Road 19 from State Road 40 to the Salt Springs area near County Road 314 for smoke and fog visibility issues.
Approximately 15 homes were in danger at the fire's outbreak.
Motorists are reminded to reduce their speed and utilize low beam headlights in order to adapt to changing weather conditions.
- Car crash on I-75 causes small brush fire on highway
- Dangerous Fires Cause Evacuations
- Ocala National Forest Fire prompts road closures
- Safe Roads, Safe Children
- Fire Causes Road Closures in Bradford County
- Fires Causing Road Closures
- Two wrecks cause I-75 to close down
- Flooding Closes Roads But Schools Will Be in Session Monday
- Powdery Substance Causes Evacuation
- Gas main break causes evacuation of Churchill Square in Ocala