Millhopper Road Fire
GAINESVILLE-One elderly woman is homeless this morning after a fire destroyed her Northwest Gainesville home.
Multiple units with gainesville fire rescue responded to the house fire along milhopper road at around 4 o clock this morning.
The 70 year old resident woke up to find her home in flames and immediately travelled to a neighbors house for assistance.
No injuries were reported during the incident.
Part of Newberry Road was closed this morning to allow for fire hydrant access.
There is no official cause of the fire but the state fire marshall has been called in to investigate.
The woman and her two pets were able to escape and are currently being assisted by the Red Cross and the Alachua County Crisis Iintervention Team.
- Troubled Waters in Cedar Key Force Road Closures
- Live Oak Businesses on Road to Recovery After Debby
- Bumpy Road to Recovery for Live Oak Residents
- County Commissioners Paving the Way for Surtax Intended to Fund Road Improvements
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Responds to Two Fires at Same Location
- Four Dead Following House Fire , Fire Not The Cause of Deaths
- Car Fire Leads to House Fire
- Wage Theft Bill Moves Past House Judiciary Panel
- Gainesville Family Gets Rude Awakening After Tree Falls on House
- Homeless Housing Makes Headway in Gainesville