34-year-old Sharetta Robinson visited La Petite Academy on Monday to see her one-year-old son. Earlier this month, Robinson lost custody after she failed to show up in court. Department of Children and Families officers told daycare workers Robinson had lost her parental rights. Robinson still showed up, tried to grab her son and leave. That's when staff members intervened.
"At that point, the mother tried to hit three. She was actually successful in hitting three of the employees, grabbed a fire extinguisher off the wall, hit them with that, also sprayed them with fire extinguisher. Some of the chemicals from the extinguisher did land on the child. Thankfully, he was not injured from the incident," Officer Ben Tobias (Gainesville Police Department) said.
The workers locked themselves and the child in another room. They released a statement today saying they were trying ensure the child's safety. Robinson was arrested and is behind bars in the Alachua County Jail.
- Mother Arrested for Baby Daughter's Murder
- Mother and Aunt Arrested
- Teenage Mother Arrested After Child Found Alone By Dumpster
- Gainesville Police Arrest Drunk Mother
- Man Arrested for Allgedly Murdering his Mother
- Suspects Arrested After Enslaving A Mother And Daughter
- Annual Mother’s Day Concert
- Crash Victim Mother Speaks
- Victims' Mothers Speak Out
- Mother Accused Of Abuse Talks With WCJB