Gainesville Police arrested 28-year-old Roderick Pittman on Wednesday, March 6th. Police say Pittman attacked a woman at the Enclave apartment complex last month. The victim ran but couldn't identify her attacker. Police found Pittman on the property along with condoms and a bloody knife in his pocket. The evidence was sent to the state crime lab where investigators found a match to the victim's DNA.
"Without a positive identification, this would have been a pretty tough investigation to go forward with. All the other facts and circumstances surrounding the case indicated that Pittman was the suspect. However, without that positive I.D., we really couldn't make the arrest at this time," Detective Chris King (Gainesville Police Department) said.
Pittman's legs were shackled because police thought he might escape. He remains behind bars in the Alachua County Jail.
- Pittman, Johnson Big Winners at Scholar Athlete Banquet
- Latroy Pittman Making a Mark in Gator Football Spring Practice
- Jeffrey Meldon TV20 Scholar Athlete Latroy Pittman
- Report: Bieber had Pot, Xanax in System at Arrest
- Gainesville Fossil Trader is Arrested and Charged
- Man Arrested For Sexual Battery of a Mentally Disabled Teen
- Florida dad arrested after baby dies in hot car
- Sheriff suspends detectives for botched arrests
- Chris Rainey Dropped from Steelers After Arrest
- Before Arrest, Hernandez No Stranger to Violence