Sears Holdings Launches Center of Excellence
There's more acknowledgment that the City of Gainesville is full of talent and innovation. That's why Sears representatives say they chose Gainesville for their first "Center of Excellence." It's a technology undergraduate educational partnership between the giant retailer, UF, and the Chamber of Commerce. The center will provide internship opportunities for engineering and computer science students. Sears Holdings partners say Gainesville has the perfect environment for new business.
"We asked Sears Holdings why Gainesville? Why did you choose us? It had everything to do with the alignment between the University and the community to create an innovation economy and the strength of the College of Engineering students in particular made this decision for Sears Holdings," Tim Giuliani (Chamber of Commerce President) said.
Sears representatives are taking 25 interns for the summer. The company is looking at Innovation Square and Ayers Plaza to launch their new site.
- Chamber of Commerce Push Toward a New Convention Center
- Buy Local Gainesville Chamber of Commerce
- Statewide Wage Theft Bill Fails, Paving the Way for Alachua County's Ordinance
- Leaders "Toast to Business" at Annual Chamber of Commerce Event
- New Energy Study Group
- Archer Braid Trail, Officially Open To Public
- With Additional Hikes Looming, GRU Customers Discuss Energy Costs
- Fourth of July Celebrations in Lake City
- Christian Aguilar App Launched One Year After His Murder
- Most Counties In North Central Florida Excel on End of Course Exams