Withlacoochee and Suwannee Rivers Contaminated
SUWANNEE COUNTY - Residents in counties surrounding the Withlacoochee and Suwannee Rivers are urged to avoid contact with those bodies of water.
The Florida Department of Health issued a caution after wastewater overflowed from a water pollution control plant in Georgia.
The waste contaminated the Withlacoochee River, which connects to the Suwannee.
Contaminated water presents several health hazards and may contain disease causing microbes.
For more information from the Suwannee River Water Management District, please visit here.
To find contact information from your county health department, please visit here.
- New Contamination Warning for Suwannee and Withlacoochee Rivers
- Man Drowns in Suwannee River
- One Tank Trips: Suwannee River State Park
- Suwannee River at White Springs
- Body of One Missing Gilchrist County Man Found Near Bank of Suwannee River
- Contaminated Water at a Dixie County Beach
- Contamination From Superfund Site Spreads
- New Test Results Show Contamination at Koppers
- Contaminated Seafood A Growing Concern After BP Oil Spill
- Future of Contaminated Site in Gainesville