Withlacoochee and Suwannee Rivers Contaminated
SUWANNEE COUNTY - Residents in counties surrounding the Withlacoochee and Suwannee Rivers are urged to avoid contact with those bodies of water.
The Florida Department of Health issued a caution after wastewater overflowed from a water pollution control plant in Georgia.
The waste contaminated the Withlacoochee River, which connects to the Suwannee.
Contaminated water presents several health hazards and may contain disease causing microbes.
For more information from the Suwannee River Water Management District, please visit here.
To find contact information from your county health department, please visit here.
- New Contamination Warning for Suwannee and Withlacoochee Rivers
- Community Clean-Up
- Boating on Memorial Weekend
- FWC: water level related to sturgeon injuries
- FWC changes wake zones
- Pumping Ground Water
- Suwannee River at White Springs
- 10 Year Old Saves the Day in Sturgeon Accident
- Mandatory Water Restrictions
- Suwannee River Fair changes