Annexation Referendum Gets Mixed Review From Alachua County Residents
ALACHUA COUNTY- Sprinkled throughout Gainesville this week you might find signs bearing the message, “Vote no on annexation,” equally as present are signs displaying, “Gainesville is home.” Two sides of an issue that residents in some unincorporated areas of the city divided.
If unincorporated areas don’t wish to voluntarily join a municipality like Gainesville, a referendum vote may be scheduled.
For affected voters, the time to decide is Tuesday.
Up for grabs is removal of GRU surcharge fees, the addition of Gainesville Municipal services, and removal of the Municipal Services taxing unit.
- Alachua County Resident Get's A Big Gift from the County
- Alachua County Referendums Results
- Billboard Gets Mixed Reaction From Gator Football Fans
- Gainesville Wants to Annex Parts of Alachua County
- City of Gainesville wants to Annex a Part of Alachua County
- Alachua County Commission Advances Plans for New Mixed-Use Development
- Residents Say They're Getting Flat Tires From Construction Site
- Residents Voted Not to be Annexed Into The City Of Gainesville
- Residents in Southeast Gainesville Vote "No" on Annexation
- Columbia County Referendum Results