Annexation Referendum Gets Mixed Review From Alachua County Residents
ALACHUA COUNTY- Sprinkled throughout Gainesville this week you might find signs bearing the message, “Vote no on annexation,” equally as present are signs displaying, “Gainesville is home.” Two sides of an issue that residents in some unincorporated areas of the city divided.
If unincorporated areas don’t wish to voluntarily join a municipality like Gainesville, a referendum vote may be scheduled.
For affected voters, the time to decide is Tuesday.
Up for grabs is removal of GRU surcharge fees, the addition of Gainesville Municipal services, and removal of the Municipal Services taxing unit.
- Hawthorne residents concerned about annexation of land
- Billboard Gets Mixed Reaction From Gator Football Fans
- Alachua County Commission Advances Plans for New Mixed-Use Development
- City of Alachua reviewing site plan for new Walmart
- Alachua County officials discuss City of Hawthorne's plan to annex land
- City of Hawthorne approves application to annex land
- Alachua County vote to not challenge City of Hawthorne's approval to annex land
- Plum Creek annexation unchallenged
- Mixed Feelings Over Fences at County Administration Building
- Residents Say They're Getting Flat Tires From Construction Site