Citra Crash Kills Two
A crash kills two young men and sends two others to the hospital.
Making this is the 12th deadly accident in Marion County this year.
The four young men were driving west on Highway 329 in Citra at around 3 a.m.
As the driver 22- year -old Bryan Lorenza Blunt came up to a curve, he lost control of the car, veered onto the grass and hit this tree.
Blunt and 19-year-old Cornelius Lamar Rawls Jr. were thrown from the 2008 Dodge and died at the scene.
The two other men who were taken to Ocala Regional Medical Center are 22 -year -old Demontay Billups and 18- year -old Eddie Woods.
Florida Highway patrol troopers do not know if speed was a factor, but investigators will be looking into it.
The report shows the men were not wearing seat belts and the road was wet at the time of the crash.
FHP is testing to see if alcohol played a role in the crash.
While I was at the scene, residents I spoke to said this part of the road on Highway 329 can be very dangerous, especially at night.
"I just really try to avoid this corner all together and go a different route. Sometimes I am very alert when I do come in this corner," said Chris Gilbert.
Rawls use to play football and basketball at North Marion High School.
He withdrew from North Marion High earlier this year.
Billups also attended North Marion High School, but graduated from Vanguard High School.
On Thursday 20 to 25 students at North Marion High School took advantage of grief counselors.
- Inverness man killed in crash in Marion County
- Two killed in deadly crash in Marion County
- Deadly crash kills two women on I-75
- Former Marion County Sheriff's deputy killed in crash
- Former Marion County deputy killed in traffic crash
- Two dead after crashes in Marion County
- One Bicyclist killed, One Bicyclist Injured in Two Separate Crashes in Marion County
- Deadly Crash in Dixie County
- One dead in multi-vehicle crash
- Single Car Crash In Levy County Kills Child, Injures 5 Others