Doctor's Reaction to Louisville Basketball Player Injury
Gainesville - Doctors the injury is more common in trama units than in any sporting event.
New information says the reason for Louisville Basketball player Kevin Ware's injury was because of an undetected stress fracture.
Doctors say its very rare to see an incident like that happen in sports, they say it could have also been just a case of wear and tear on the body.
"Something that weakens the bone or its bad luck, big guy about 250 pounds jumping landing wrong twisting those things happen," Dr. Kevin Farmer, Team Physician at the University of Florida Athletic Association.
Doctors say there is a 40 percent chance there could be an infection because Ware's tibia was exposed.
Experts say if Ware's treatment goes well, he could be back on the court within a year.
- Heroin Overdose: Reaction to 'Glee' Star Cory Monteith's Death
- Local Team of Doctors Watch Discovery's Launch
- UF Basketball Player Arrested
- Local Reaction to Pope's Resignation
- Tebow's Concussion Highlights Common Sports Injury
- Gainesville City Commissioners' Reactions to New Police Chief
- Mixed Reaction On Gainesville's NW 8th Avenue Reconstruction Project,
- Boston Marathon Update & Gainesville's Reaction
- Reactions to Terry Jones' Role in the Ongoing Libyan Crisis
- A Community's Reaction To Zimmerman Charges