Early Morning Murder Shakes City of Starke
STARKE, Fla. -Starke Police arrived 4am sunday morning to the Magnolia Hotel parking lot to find an unresponsive Quinton Epps.
Neighbors say that not only was Epps a resident at the hotel, but the suspect in his murder was his roommate and his partner.
Stephen Early Jr. made the 911 call to police telling them that an unknown suspect stabbed Epps and then ran away.
A K9 unit was unable to track anything leaving the parking lot.
Later in the investigation at the hotel, police noticed blood on Early’s shirt.
Starke Chief of Police, Jeffrey Johnson explains, “They were in a verbal argument somewhere around the car at which point he had stabbed him.”
After bringing him in for questioning Early confessed to stabbing Epps.
It’s still unclear what may have triggered the argument between the two.
- City of Gainesville's Early Voting Starts Monday
- Lake City woman killed in early morning crash
- City of Starke Election Results
- Early Morning Attack Ends in Murder for Unidentified Gainesville Man
- Starke Elementary Back Open After 6 Months
- Early Voting For Gainesville City Commission
- Lake City Police Officer Dies in Early Morning Fire
- Alachua City Manager Stepping Down Early
- Health Department Shake Up
- Hawthorne Election Shakes up Commission, Shows Incumbents the Door