Eastside High Student Honors Boston Bombing Victims at Prom
Published April 27th, 2013
GAINESVILLE - When it comes to prom... it's all about the glitz and the glam. But on Friday night, prom came with a twist for one high school junior who wanted to honor and celebrate at the same time.
Shelby Stokes of Eastside High School wore sneakers to her prom as a way to remember the Boston Marathon bombing victims.
She says she got the idea from her pastor, who wore tennis shoes in church to remember the victims.
As a result, Shelby wore running shoes to the Eastside prom at the Hilton on Friday night. Stokes was happy to be able to get some of her fellow classmates on board with the idea.
- Gainesville Runners Remember Boston Marathon Victims on One Year Anniversary of Bombings
- Five Eastside High School Students Win Nasa's Student Astronaut Challenge
- Students/Community Honor Victims of 9/11 with "Good Deed" Marathon
- Eastside Students Score High in Math Competition
- Eastside High Students Behind The Chopping Board
- Eastside High student named U.S. Presidential Scholar
- Eastside High school student earns perfect score on ACT
- Heightened Awareness At The Swamp, Following Boston Marathon Bombing
- UF Experts Reaction to Boston Bombings
- "Prom Dream Closet" at Loften High School