Eastside High Student Honors Boston Bombing Victims at Prom
Published April 27th, 2013
GAINESVILLE - When it comes to prom... it's all about the glitz and the glam. But on Friday night, prom came with a twist for one high school junior who wanted to honor and celebrate at the same time.
Shelby Stokes of Eastside High School wore sneakers to her prom as a way to remember the Boston Marathon bombing victims.
She says she got the idea from her pastor, who wore tennis shoes in church to remember the victims.
As a result, Shelby wore running shoes to the Eastside prom at the Hilton on Friday night. Stokes was happy to be able to get some of her fellow classmates on board with the idea.
- Students/Community Honor Victims of 9/11 with "Good Deed" Marathon
- UF Experts Reaction to Boston Bombings
- Heightened Awareness At The Swamp, Following Boston Marathon Bombing
- Local Graffiti Honors Conn. Shooting Victims
- Police: Dead Boston Bombing Suspect Buried
- FBI: Orlando Man Fatally Shot in Boston Bombing Probe
- Al Qaeda Backed Magazine Encouraging Boston-Like Bombings
- 2 Dead and Scores Injured in Boston Marathon Bombings
- FBI Now In Charge of Boston Marathon Bombing Investigation
- Feds Seek Suspects, Motive in Boston Bombings