Furloughs Affect Ocala not Gainesville Airport
GAINESVILLE - Gainesville Regional Airport officials say the reason why their flights are not affect is because they have a contract with a control tower. It means that instead of being directly run by the government, it contracted out a private business and so that air traffic controllers are paid by the third party and its the third party that takes the payment from the government.
The control tower in Ocala will shut, it's one of 149 nationally because of sequester cuts to save 600 million dollars.
It was planned to shut down in Apirl but was delayed to end its contract in mid June.
- Military Furlough Plan To Affect Camp Blanding
- Ocala International Airport Gets New Control Tower
- Ocala Airport Tower Closing
- Plane Makes Emergency Landing At Ocala Airport
- Air Travel Problems in Europe Affect Two Gainesville Residents
- Gainesville Regional Airport Travel Increases
- New Airline at Gainesville Regional Airport
- Gainesville Regional Airport Sends Plane of Fans to Sugar Bowl
- A Plane Crash at Gainesville Regional Airport? No, Just a Simulation
- Gainesville Airport Receives $998K Grant