GPD: Surveillance Video Shows Man Involved in Sexual Assault
Published April 26th, 2013
GAINESVILLE - Police detectives are urging residents to take a look at new surveillance video that shows the man believed to be behind last week's sexual assault at a Gainesville home.
The video shows the man running down an alley near the Woodbury Row apartment complex, just blocks away from the home where the assault took place on April 15.
While the video itself is only a few seconds long, detectives are hopeful the clip can lead someone to recognize the man, the same way the Boston bombers were identified.
"Maybe his movement, or his gate, or something else that can be recognized by somebody that lives in the area and knows this person, and can identify him just through his movements," said Officer Ben Tobias, spokesperson for the Gainesville Police Department.
The man was described by the victim as standing around 5 feet 10 inches tall and very skinny. He was believed to be wearing a grey sweatshirt and skinny jeans on the night of the assault.
Earlier this week there was another incident over at the Campus Lodge apartments in Gainesville, where a man tried to gag and tie up a woman who was walking to her car in the parking lot. There was another incident at Gainesville's Westside Park back in January, where a woman playing racketball was assaulted.
Police say they are hesitant to link this man to those other two attacks, although they are not ruling it out.
- GPD: Sexual assault suspect in custody
- GPD, UFPD Release New Video, Sketch of Possible Sexual Assault Suspect
- Third Attack Near UF & Police Release Surveillance Vid Of Man Believed To Be Suspect
- GPD: Man slaps police officer
- Police Still Looking for Man Suspected of Sexually Assaulting Teenage Girl
- Williston Man Arrested After Victim Tells Police She Was Sexually Assaulted
- Gainesville Police Department Launches Sexual Assault Reporting Website
- Gainesville Police believe they have a suspect involved in two incidents last week
- Gainesville man charged with sexual assault
- GPD: Stronger Spice Laws Needed