Internet Cafes are Now Illegal in Florida
GAINESVILLE- Games similar to slot machines have been outlawed in the state of Florida after a bill was signed this week by governor Rick Scott
The cafes themselves aren’t illegal but slot machines potentially inside are according to the new law.
Gainesville Police Officer, Ben Tobias says, “Similar when to Pam Bondi signed the emergency legislation for spice, where we’re going to go into businesses educate them on the new law and make sure everybody is understanding of the new law,then we’ll take appropriate action after the fact.”
Less than a month ago a federal and state investigation into illegal gambling at internet cafes run by Allied Veterans ended in the closure of several cafes and the resignation of Lt. Governor Jennifer Carroll.
Officers with Gainesville Police Department are are patrolling the city for potential cafe locations while their legal team examines the law.
- Attorney Found Guilty For Illegal Internet Cafes
- FDLE Raids Three Internet Cafes Across North Central Florida
- Florida Could Soon Ban Internet Cafes in Wake of Scandal
- Internet Cafe Busts in North Central Florida
- Gainesville Temporarily Bans Permits for All Internet Cafes
- Another Internet Cafe Going Online
- Internet Cafe In Jeopardy
- A New Internet Cafe in NW Gainesville
- Internet Cafe Bust
- Ocala Discusses Internet Cafe's