Man Guilty in Fatal Marion County Home Invasion Shooting
GAINESVILLE - A Marion County jury found 26 year old Jolgar Desir guilty Sunday of murder, attempted murder, home invasion robbery with a firearm and kidnapping with a firearm.
Prosecutors weren't seeking the death penalty, so he'll receive a mandatory life sentence at a May 3rd hearing.
Authorities say 43 year old Robert Jamerson was shot and killed at his Orange Lake home in August 2009.
His younger brother, Terrence, also was shot but survived wounds to his shoulder and back.
Authorities believe Desir, whose fingerprint was found at the scene, was one of two men who had gone to the home looking for drugs.
The second man has not been caught.
- Man Gets 40 Years For Fatal Home Invasion
- Man Gets Life For Fatal Home Invasion
- Levy County Home Invasion and Shooting
- Marion County Home Invasion
- Missing Marion County Man Found in Orange County
- Investigation on Invasion Complicated by Home's Conditions
- Marion County Man Charged with Possessing Child Pornography
- Mobile Home Fire Kills Marion County Man
- Man Shot During Home Invasion
- Fatal Crash in Hamilton County Leaves Two Dead