McIntosh Turns 100
McIntosh - The town of McIntosh is turning 100 years old.
The residents of McIntosh are making every effort to remember the rich history of their town. McIntosh was established in April of 1913.
The day was filled with music and walking tours of historical buildings, as McIntosh had a centennial celebration.
Having lived there for 12 years, Eva Jo Callahan, part of the town council says McIntosh is an old fashioned community that makes her feel right at home.
She said, “We all...do things together, have fun together, raise children...the children still go up and down the streets on their bicycles...it’s just
a very nice, quiet neighborhood.”
- Election Day 2013: Weller Wins Another Term in High Springs, McIntosh Incumbents Re-elected
- New FedEx Facility in Marion County to Create 100 Jobs
- Woman shares her 100th birthday with America
- Gainesville Woman Celebrates 100th Birthday
- Alachua County Commissioners Support Evinston Historic Post Office
- Columbia County Sheriff's Employee Accused Of Stealing $100,000
- Alachua County Superintendent Delivers 100 Day Update
- Runaway Mom Turns Herself In To The Alachua County Jail
- BBQ Turned Deadly Shooting in Suwannee County
- Missing Marion County Man Found in Orange County