More than One Million Dollars Raised for Kids at UF's Dance Marathon
GAINESVILLE- More than 800 dancers participated in the round the clock fundraiser benefitting the Children’s Miracle Network at Shands.
First time Dancer, Melissa Dukes says being on her feet for 26.2 hours was all worth it, “It really does represent what these children and these families go through on a day to day basis and for me to live that for 26 hours is a really humbling,but also a huge blessing to be able to give that back to them.”
More than 4,000 people organized and participated in this year’s Dance Marathon at UF.
The more than 1.1 million dollars raised is an all time high for dance marathon at UF which made close to 900 thousand dollars last year.
- Sick Teen Raises Money for Children's Miracle Network
- A Local Boy Named "Florida Champion" of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
- Children's Miracle Network Family Boot Camp
- Gainesville Bookstores Saving Students Millions of Dollars
- Stop Children's Cancer Raises Awareness for Pediatric Cancer
- Gainesville Duck Derby Raises Money For Children's Support Agencies
- Ferrero Foundation Hosts Event To Raise To Build Children's Hospital
- Judge Sets Accused Shooter's Bond at One Million Dollars
- "Sweet" Fundraiser Benefits Dance Marathon & Shands Hospital for Children
- Bud Chiles Walks "One Million Steps for Florida's Kids"