OPD Searching for Identity Thief
OCALA--Detectives with the Ocala Police Department are looking for a suspect in an identity theft case.
On March 25th, the victim contacted a Lowe's Home Improvement store in Ocala to check on the delivery of a refrigerator she had ordered.
She was then told that she had already been given a refund, for the purchase amount totaling more than 2-thousand dollars.
Later, detectives learned that on March 23rd, the woman seen in this surveillance shot went into that Lowe's, presented a Georgia driver's license with the victim's information on it, and was refunded in the form of gift cards.
If you know anything about this case, please contact Detective Buchbinder at 352-369-7141. You can also phone anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers of Marion County at 368-STOP(7867), texted to 274637 using keyword 368-STOP or submitted at www.ocalacrimestoppers.com.
- Lowe's Employee Arrested for Grand Retail Theft
- Dash Cam Video Released from Mayor Craig Lowe's DUI Arrest
- New Video of Mayor Lowe's DUI Arrest Raises Questions of Preferential Treatment
- Receipt Released from Night of Mayor Lowe's Arrest, as Poll Shows Braddy With Slim Lead
- Mayor Craig Lowe's Receipt From the Night Of His DUI
- Zaxby's Helps Raise Money For Alachua County Crime Stoppers
- A Grand Jury Says Former Columbia County Sheriff's Employees Commit Grand Theft
- Man Accused of Identity Theft Released from Jail, Says He's a Victim
- Bronson Man Arrested for Grand Theft, Stole Son's Car
- Dunkin' Donuts Manager Charged with Grand Theft