Receipt Released from Night of Mayor Lowe's Arrest, as Poll Shows Braddy With Slim Lead
Published April 13th, 2013
GAINESVILLE - A piece of evidence in Mayor Craig Lowe's arrest last month has just been released. It is a receipt from the bar where he spent the evening before crashing his car in northeast Alachua County on March 21.
The receipt substantiates Lowe's statement that he drank three beers that night. But the time stamp on it is 1:21 a.m., more than three hours after Lowe told law enforcement he had his final drink.
The beer is a micro-brew that has a much higher alcohol content than most beers. Lowe had no comment on the receipt.
Meantime, a new poll out today shows Mayor Lowe in a real dogfight to keep his job. A "Saint Pete Polls" survey conducted yesterday shows former commissioner Ed Braddy with 40 percent support and Lowe with 36 percent. Nearly a quarter of those surveyed were still undecided. Braddy did better in favorable versus unfavorable ratings.
Just before the general election in March, a poll from the same group accurately predicted Braddy and Lowe would finish first and second among six candidates.
The same poll also found 53 percent support a proposed bus rapid transit project. The election is Tuesday.
- Mayor Craig Lowe's Receipt From the Night Of His DUI
- Dash Cam Video Released from Mayor Craig Lowe's DUI Arrest
- New Video of Mayor Lowe's DUI Arrest Raises Questions of Preferential Treatment
- Vote 2013: Gainesville Mayor Lowe on Why He Should Be Re-elected
- Lowe's Employee Arrested for Grand Retail Theft
- Mayor Craig Lowe is Released from Jail on Bond
- What's the Next Step for Mayor Lowe Following His DUI Arrest?
- Vote 2013: Ed Braddy on Why He Should Be Elected Mayor of Gainesville
- Vote 2013: Wells Wins Another Term, Runoff in Mayoral Race
- Mayor Craig Lowe Arrested