UF Creates New Study Hall for Heroes
It's a new study hall created for heroes. UF faculty celebrated the grand opening of the Collegiate Veterans Success Center. It's a multipurpose room created for student veterans in Yon Hall. The center was made possible after a partnership between several community and campus organizations. The multi-purpose room includes a group study hall and an individual study room. Staff members say the new center gives veterans a sense of community.
"The center gives student veterans a platform to meet each other, unite, share experiences, and kind of relate to each other. That's the main goal of this center," Matthew Davis (Collegiate Veterans Society President) said.
The center also provides a kitchenette, computers, and a large screen TV.
- New FedEx Facility in Marion County to Create 100 Jobs
- Sheriff's Office Creates New Program To Lower Agricultural Crime
- New startup creates healthy food options to help boost immune system
- New beer created and backed by three local breweries
- Williston to Study Feasibility of Bringing New Hotel to City
- New Energy Study Group
- New Study By Shands May Help Treat Anxiety Disorders
- New Study Says It's OK to Fail
- New Study Could Offer Relief for Dogs With Arthritis
- New Residence Hall at Innovation Square to Fuel Entrepreneurship