250 Engineering Jobs to Come to Gainesville
GAINESVILLE - As part of the ever-growing Innovation Square in Gainesville, a new business called Mobiquity has moved in and is bringing with it almost 300 jobs.
We spoke to the CEO of the company, Bill Seibel, who says they have already started the hiring process.
Their whole goal for moving to Gainesville was to be in a place where they could hire domestically; rather than outsourcing their technology jobs.
The company just celebrated their second anniversary, near the eve of them moving into Innovation Square.
Just today they hired 6 people and the CEO says that Gainesville is a good fit for the hiring process - "it's not just a great engineering community, Gainesville is a place where students would like to work and live after they gradute. It's also about the cost of doing business - the cost of living is a lot less expensive than say Boston. It's a city thats so attractive and warm and welcoming, and is easy for us to relocate people here."
The jobs they are bringing here are primarily engineering jobs.
They anticipate by the third year mark, they will hire 2 hundrded and fifty people.
- Lake City Company Offers 250 Jobs...With Only 165 Applicants
- Job Growth Coming to City of Ocala
- 400 New Jobs may be coming to Ocala
- Local program gives $250,000 of free dental care
- President Obama Announces $250 Million Education Initiative
- Mindtree Brings Dozens of Jobs to Gainesville
- Jobs Growing In Gainesville
- Gainesville Job Fair Filled to Capacity
- New Business Brings Jobs To Gainesville
- Gainesville's Job Corps Center Could Lose Funding