Advantage Towing Could Be Facing Felony Charges
GAINESVILLE - Just two weeks ago, Advantage Towing was cited by police for improperly towing ten cars, and now police say the company could be facing criminal charges.
The Gainesville Police Department served a warrant on Advantage Towing today - no arrests have been made just yet, but detectives are extensively looking through the company's paperwork as part of their investigation.
The hallmark charge leading police to the towing company? - Their possession of a stolen car, from a year ago.
Jeff McAdams from the Gainesville Police Department is working on the case and says this particular car "was listed in our system as a stolen vehicle and our records indicated that the vehicle was on the property of Advantage Towing and in our search we found that the vehicle was improperly registered or titled into the name of Advantage Towing."
The car was towed a year ago, without the knowledge that it had been stolen.
And it was only discovered two weeks ago that it was still in the towing company's possession.
The company could be facing charges ranging from a misdemeanor to a third degree felony.
- Mother Leaves Kids Home Alone, Faces Felony Neglect Charges
- Man Faces Felony Charges for Marijuana While Boating
- Advantage Towing gets 10 citations for Illegal Towing
- Gainesville's Advantage Towing Under Investigation
- Advantage Towing Owner Arrested for Stealing Scooters
- Teacher's Aide Charged With Second Degree Felony
- Fifth Grader Absolved of Felony Charges
- Gainesville Woman Could Face 20 Years in Prison if Convicted of Medicaid Fraud
- A Federal Gun Charge Could Be Filed Against SWAT Standoff Suspect
- Lake City Pain Doctor Could Be Charged With Death of Many Patients