Alachua County Gives Away Free Paint
ALACHUA COUNTY, FL:
For those planning to paint the town this weekend, Alachua County has your ammunition.
The 19th Annual Recycled Latex Paint Giveaway is tomorrow morning. Alachua County collected 3,600 gallons of paint throughout the year. It has been reprocessed --- 75 percent of it is recycled and the other 25 percent is new paint.
There are six colors to choose from including off white, gray and blue. The giveaway starts at 8 a.m. at the Alachua County Hazardous Waste Center on Northeast 63rd Avenue.
"We've never had any left over. By the end of the morning, that Saturday morning, the paint is completely gone, which is a pretty cool thing," Kurt Seaburg (Household Hazardous Waste Coordinator) said.
It's a good idea to get there early because the paint goes quickly. The center has distributed more than 66,000 gallons of recycled paint since the event started in 1994.
- Alachua County Animal Services gives free microchips to pets
- Alachua County "C.O.P.s Unit" Gives Away Thanksgiving Meals
- Health Department Giving Out Free Back-to-School Shots
- Alachua County Giving Out Free Flu Shots
- Alachua County offers free health care center for employees
- Governor Rick Scott gives Alachua County Schools over $1 million
- Record Breaking Number of Free Adoptions in Alachua County
- Free lunch program expands to five schools in Alachua County
- City and county provide free wi-fi to east Gainesville
- Family of Slain Teenager Paints 34th Street Wall, Seeks Justice Four Years Later