Annual Master Gardener Sale
Those of you with a green thumb could pick up some special accessories for your yard. The Annual Master Gardener Plant Sale was Saturday, March 18th at the Alachua County Extension Office on Northeast 39th Avenue.
Alachua County collected 5,500 plants including herbs, perennials, and fruit trees. Master gardener volunteers will also give advice on how to take care of these plants.
Visitors can purchase plants at cheap prices -- ranging from three to four dollars. Gardeners say it's a good idea to get there early.
"If you want the premiere selection, you want to get here earlier. 7 a.m., people start lining up, sometimes before 7 a.m," Wendy Wilber (Horticulture Extension Agent) said.
The event starts at 8 a.m. and goes until noon. All the proceeds will support community projects like school gardens.
- Master Gardener's Plant Sale
- Master Chefs of the CIA at Eastside High School
- Junior Post Master
- Area Home Sales Decline, State Sales Increase
- 11/7/12 Growing Gardens: Winter Annuals
- Security Breach MasterCard
- Christmas Tree Sales Down Because of Florida Heat
- Hurricane Season Sales Tax Holiday: What You Should Know
- State Sales Tax Holiday is Just Around the Corner
- State Approves Sale of Former Prison For Use as Homeless Center