Facebook Photo Leads to Arrest of Two Alleged Gang Members
Published May 22nd, 2013
MARION COUNTY - In this age of social media, it's not uncommon to share photos online with family and friends. But when those photos show criminal activity, someone can end up behind bars.
That's exactly what happened to a pair of alleged gang members from Marion County, where deputies say Mario McDonald, 23, and Joseph Edwards, 27, were arrested after they posted a Facebook photo showing them holding a shotgun.
Both men are already convicted felons and suspected members of a street gang known as the "Crazy White Boys." A warrant was issued for both men shortly after the photo was discovered.
McDonald and Edwards were booked into the Marion County Jail and are charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and recruiting members to a known criminal street gang.
- Two Felons Arrested Thanks to Facebook Picture
- Two arrested after allegedly making meth in public park
- Neighbor chases alleged carjackers which leads to arrests
- Burglar arrested on more than two-dozen charges
- Two Officers Arrested in Marion County
- Two more arrested in Cloud 9 shooting
- Two arrested for cigarette theft
- Suwannee Man Arrested After Allegedly Killing Two Men
- Neighbors create Facebook group keeping others informed on police activity
- Two deputies investigated in alleged domestic battery