Father Walsh Remembered
A man who came from Ireland to make his mark on North Central Florida was remembered today. Family and friends said goodbye to Father Flannan Walsh during a burial Mass at Queen of Peace Catholic Church.
Father Walsh died last Tuesday after a long illness. Walsh founded the Queen of Peace church in 1987 and and Holy Faith in 1972.
Father Roland Julien of Saint Patrick Catholic Church says Father Walsh was well known in the community as the go-to guy when a parishioner needed help.
During today's Mass, speakers encouraged friends and family by saying Father Walsh is in a better place. Father Walsh was 72-years-old.
- Daughter of Fallen Officer Remembers Her Father Six Years After His Death
- One Class at a Time: Meet September 13' Winner Jane Walsh
- Spending Father's Day Protecting Their Country
- Zimmerman Trial: Trayvon Martin's Father Testifies
- Deputies: Teen Kills Father in Domestic Dispute
- On Third Day of O'Quinn Murder Trial: Defendant's Father Comes Near Perjury
- Father of Molestation Victim Speaks Out
- Father Saves Two, Dies in Fire
- Tree Trimming Accident Kills Father
- Fantasy Father's Day