Gainesville's Advantage Towing Under Investigation
GAINESVILLE (AP) - Gainesville Police Department is serving a search warrant at Advantage Towing in response to numerous citizen complaints.
Officers and detectives showed up Thursday morning located at 907 SW Third Street in Gainesville.
They're looking for evidence of improper lien or title transfer, improper or illegal tow as well as grand theft auto.
The business recently got into trouble when it towed numerous vehicles from the SunTrust Bank parking lot in downtown Gainesville during the Santa Fe College Spring Arts Festival last month.
The city of Gainesville issued 10 citations to Advantage for their actions.
Advantage issued letters apologizing for their actions and promised to reimburse the owners of the vehicles towed.
The company faces the possibility of a suspension from trespass towing activities because of the violations.
- Advantage Towing gets 10 citations for Illegal Towing
- Advantage Towing Could Be Facing Felony Charges
- Advantage Towing Owner Arrested for Stealing Scooters
- Gainesville Property Management Group Under Investigation
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Women's Advantage Annual Health Fair
- FDLE investigating Gainesville Fraternal Order of Police's finances
- Investigators Searching For Gainesville Woman's Murderer
- Archer Pastor Under Investigation
- Small Plane Crash in Levy County Still Under Investigation