Man Collapses at Biomass Construction Site
Construction of the Gainesville Biomass Plant was temporarily shut down after a worker had a seizure. The contractor building the plant-- Fagen Incorporated-- says a man was working on the boiler when he had a seizure about 200 feet in the air. The man collapsed.
Firefighters couldn't reach him with the ladder because it wasn't long enough so they lowered him down about 100 feet with a rope before using the ladder to bring him down. The site was shut down so the man could be taken to the hospital.
Gainesville Renewable Energy Center employees say the seizure was due to a pre-existing condition.
- Trench Collapse Traps Worker on City of Gainesville Construction Site
- Some Worried About Construction Site In Buck Bay
- Residents Say They're Getting Flat Tires From Construction Site
- Chiefland Construction Site Burglarized Again
- Workers Caught Stealing Copper Wire from FBI Construction Site
- Man Wanted In Penn. Building Collapse Turns Himself In
- BioMass Plant: Silenced Committee Member Speaks Out
- Sinkhole Causes Resort Villa to Partially Collapse
- Answers For Oyster Collapse On The Coast
- Trench Collapse Rescue Training