Police Say Woman Made Up Story of Attack
GAINESVILLE- 22 year old Tanya Borachi reported that she was the victim of an attempted kidnapping late last month.
Borachi said that she lied about her story as a lesson to women that an attack can happen to them.
She claimed that a man of an unknown race held her at gunpoint and tied her hands and mouth with a torn t shirt.
Gainesville Police Department Officer, Ryan Foster says
“We’re gonna treat it as credible and true and we’re gonna investigate it to the fullest. that night we did just that, we followed protocol we had several officers respond to the scene we called a K9 unit we called in forensics and we called out detectives.”
Borachi is being charged with a misdemeanor count of falsifying information to a law enforcement.
- Woman Found Dead Inside Southwest Ocala Home in what Police are Calling a Homicide
- Gunman on Santa Fe College Campus
- UF Makes "Progress" with Renewable Energy on Campus
- Man Says Devil Made Him Assault Girl According to Lake City Police
- NAACP Calls for the Resignation of Lake City Police Chief and City Manager
- Early Morning Attack Ends in Murder for Unidentified Gainesville Man
- Fla. Woman Says Steelers Player Attacked Her In A Nightclub
- Gainesville Woman #GivesBack on Her Birthday
- Son of Woman Killed in Friday Night Gainesville Crash Speaks
- Bradford County Woman Stabs Robber in her Home