Police Still Investigating Armed Robberies near Royal Village
Police are still investigating two armed robberies that occurred Friday afternoon near Royal Village, a popular student apartment complex in Gainesville on S.W. Sixth Street and Depot Avenue.
The Gainesville Police Department reported that they had identified a possible suspect but his identity has not been released.
Police cannot confirm an identity to the public but Friday night they arrested Gainesville resident Eric Hill. He was charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Officers responded to a call of a person shot when they located a 14 year old victim with a gunshot wound to his leg. Hill was identified by two witnessess who said he brought a small handgun to a park and offered to show everyone the gun at a table. While the gun was being passed around, it went off and shot the 14 year old who was holding it.
In total, Hill has nine felony convictions.
- Police Search for Armed Robbery Suspects
- Gainesville Police Investigating Fourth Murder this Year Near Southern Pines Apartments
- Lake City Police Still Investigating Accidental Shooting Death of 11-Year Old Boy
- Armed Robbery at Ocala Jewelry Store
- Dixie County Armed Robbery Video
- Therapist Accused of Setting Up Armed Robbery
- 3 Arrested for 3 Armed Robberies in Gainesville
- Armed robbery of church group turns into stand-off
- Armed robbery at Sweet Dreams Eastside
- Suspects Take Victim's Clothes In Armed Robbery